Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa
751 Palm Street
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, built in 1772, is the fifth California mission founded by Father Junipero Serra. The present building was built in 1793 and 1794. The Old Mission still holds regular church services and is the backdrop for the city’s prized Mission Plaza, a two-block public open space built along San Luis Obispo Creek. It includes a large public plaza, seating areas and pathways. Museums, quaint restaurants and cafes, and an array of eclectic shops and boutiques line the downtown streets.